• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

income tax?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

ohluvy

What is the name of your state? texas

im a stay at home mom. my husband is the only source of income, we have been married 10 years and he refuses to file at the end of every year.... the irs put a lean on our house and it just seems to be getting worse. i have never worked in the 10 years we have been married.. i want to go back to work, is this going to be problem? if something happens to my husband, what can the irs do to me?:confused:

gobonas99

I don't know what the IRS can do to you, or if your IRS problems would hinder you going back to work....but here's a suggestion. File and pay your taxes. You have a lien on your house for goodness sake! I think your husband needs a swift kick in the pants.

abezon

At the very least, file your taxes as married filing separately. That will protect your interest in the house. Frankly, I suggest you get an official separation or divorce. Your husband refuses to deal with taxes & financial stuff & you don't want to be tied to his debts. You can keep living together even after separation/divorce.

O

ohluvy

thanks, i guess i just needed to hear it from an outsider....i was looking into filing seperate this year, my husband ask me not to, i guess for fear it might bring attention to him. as for the house its not in my name and im not real big about living in it anyway... but it is the only home my children know. i dont want to throw 10 years away but im afraid it might come down to that...thanks again...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">