• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Porcedure to follow

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

ravish

What is the name of your state? wi

My problem here is i am leaving in a different state and my wife lives in diffferent state. What kind of procedures should i follow to get a divorce from her. I have tried working out the relationship but it is no happening, as she constantly fights with me and also has cheated me financially. Right now she is sitting pretty with good savings and i am in debt with my credit cards. Still i felt i dont need anything from her but just want to seperate from her. We have been married in a different country 4 yrs back

thanks

M

MaggieK

Either of you can file in the state of your residency, if you have met the residency requirments of your state. (In WI you must have lived in the state for 6 mo. and a resident of the county you file in for 30 days prior to fling) I would hire a good paralegal and save myself thousands of dollars. Try to agree on all issues yourselves...or hire an attorney to get you to agree on all issues. The only difference here is the cost of agreeing. You do not say if you have children. Not legal advice...life advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">