• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce/property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tbra

What is the name of your state? nc my ex left me and child and farm to move in with another person 3 years agoand still lives with that person. i stayed in home with child. we have farm operation/business together. i have been divorced 9 months. no settlement yet. ex wants to give me some money now and me move out of the home, pay me alimony and support and give me some money when the farm is paid for. If I wait until the farm is paid for to get money , shouldn't i be entitled to what it is worth the day it is paid for? When a person abandones his home and family does he still have rights to it?

Last edited:

djohnson

Do you mean you filed for divore 9 months ago? If your divorce was final 9 months ago then you would have a decree stating who gets what and who pays what. If you are mediating because its not final yet then you really need a good attorney or don't give in, just because he says it doesn't make it so.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">