• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

PA residency and MD job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tuzik

What is the name of your state? PA
I am looking to establish PA residency. Will the following documents
sufficiently prove residency or are other documents needed?
1. mortgage on an apt. in PA.
2. a PA driver's license.
3. a PA voter's registration card.
4. cars registered in PA.
Also, is there a document, or a set of documents that prove that I am, in
fact, a resident of PA?
I'm currently employed in Maryland, but I have a verbal agreement with my employer that I am to work at home 2 days a week thereby giving me 4 days (including the weekend) to live in Pennsylvania. Can such an arrangement work for the purpose of residency, and if it can will I still have to pay MD state taxes or will it be enough to pay PA state taxes?

abezon

Those documents will establish PA residency. However, you'll have to pay non-resident taxes to MD for the money you earned while in MD. Your employer will have to split your income into MD & PA. You'll pay PA taxes on all your income, but PA will probably give you a credit for the taxes you pay MD.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">