• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

who's responsible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skay1

What is the name of your state? Indiana

If your parents let you live on their property rent free, in a house that is your name, and the police find marijuana in your house, can your parents be held responsible if you are over 18?

Last edited:

H

hmmbrdzz

skay1 said:
What is the name of your state? Indiana

If a person has people living on their property but aren't renting to that person, Can the property owner be held liable for any drugs found in the other persons home, if that home was not in the property owners name?
========================

Were these people drifters and living in a shack on your property or something? You might explain what happened and what the connection is so someone here might get a clearer picture.

hmmbrdzz

AmosMoses

I assume you live in a trailer on your folks' land and smoke grass, and are worried about getting them in some trouble if you get popped. If, say, less than an oz. of weed was found in your house, the odds of them being charged in any way are damned near impossible. Now, if you are growing or dealing large amounts of weed in a trailer on your parents' place, you may well be inviting trouble for everybody.

H

hmmbrdzz

ahhh. Now I get it. I thought at first some people had gotten busted with a large amount of marijuana on someone else's property and that perhaps the property owner was also being investigated or questioned regards their knowledge of it. In rural NC, it's not uncommon for a farmer to find someone (or several) living in an abandoned farm house ! Like CRACK heads!

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">