• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

Vampy

What is the name of your state?
kentucky
i was wanting to know the divorce laws here
the lawyer i talked to told me that we can file and then 2 days later come back in sign the papers and ten days later it will be over
and he isnt contesting it
but making demands on me till this is over since we are still under the same household till its over
i need advice please
thanks

CMSC

Vampy said:
What is the name of your state?
kentucky
i was wanting to know the divorce laws here
the lawyer i talked to told me that we can file and then 2 days later come back in sign the papers and ten days later it will be over
and he isnt contesting it
but making demands on me till this is over since we are still under the same household till its over
i need advice please
thanks
My first piece of advice would be to consult a different attorney. Secondly are their any children involved? Any assets? If so it is going to take you longer than 10 days to get through divorce proceedings!

You need to look at the laws of the state. I am not going to look them up for you. If you want to get divorced just go to the court house and do it, does it really matter how quickly it gets done?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">