• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

re adopt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ketta

What is the name of your state?tennessee
my ex husband willingly let my husband adopt my then 2 year old daughter. when my daughter was 6 my husband and i divorced and all 3 of us so called adults decided it would be best if my daughter knew who her biological father was and spent time with him and had his name so the biological father adopted her back. he is and always will be a nothing in her life. well now after 3 and a half years the adopted father and i have decided to remarry. my now 10 year old daughter is so happy to have her "dad" back. she wants to use his last name and wants him to readopt her. i know it sounds crazy and i am trying real hard to keep her best interest at heart. this is the best for her i just hate that i was so dumb earlier in her life. the one godd thing that came out of this is that she knows who is who and what is what. nothing is hidden from her. she has understood everything very well. i need some advice on how to go about redoing this. do i have to have to go through a lawyer?

M

mykidsmom20

yes

you will definitely need to see an attorney, and just for the record, please see a therapist also. I'm not being sarcastic, please don't think that. The therapist would let you know if this is a healthy thing for you all to be doing to your daughter. It just seems like an awful lot of "adoptions". I wish your daughter luck.

nextwife

I'm confiused as well.

Why would a desire to have a relationship with require another adoption? If my daughter someday locates her biomom in eastern europe, she won't need to be "unadopted" from us, her REAL family, to have biofamily contact. Did none of you ever hear about "open adoption"? Did your attorney? What would have been so difficult about providing a form of open adoption in which your child had biofather contact, but her "parent" relationship remained intact?

Sorry, but this constant unadopting back and forth does NOT send a positive self-image to your child. Adoption should be forever, and every adopted child should know who their forever family is. It's fine to also know their biofamiliy, but the adoption should stay in place, so they do not question their self worth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">