• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

police informant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nthewnd2003

i live in missouri, recently my brother was charged with manufacturing of meth. his lawyer told him there was an informant involved. is there a way he can find out who it was? he claims he is innocent

AmosMoses

Was he charged with conspiracy to manufacture, or manufacture of meth? Did they bust him at a lab? Is there any physical evidence involved?

I don't know, but I would believe that the ID of the informant could not be easily found out early on in the game, although he may find out at or shortly before trial. This is ONLY a guess as to what I think it SHOULD be like. I would think that they would have to produce the guy at trial, and inform your lawyer at some point beforehand of his ID to "check into" him and his credibility, etc., but I also believe that there would be grounds to keep CI's identities secret to keep 'em from tirning up dead prior to certain trials. I don't think that it would be easy to find out if it's possible at all prior to trial time, and in paperwork/reports/etc., they CI would likely be referred to by #. Again, this is only a guess, and maybe someone else will wade in with a knowledgeable answer.

S

Smokey1Cat

Get your info straight Moses. After someone is arrested there is this thing called a "discovery" which contains all information related to the arrest including the informants name. Otherwise its dirty but I guess that is 75% of the police anyway. by law, yes he should know who it was.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">