• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LILMSATTITUDE

What is the name of your state? arizona
i have been charged with a criminal misdemeanor 1 for drug paraphenelia i went to court the prosicuting attorney offered me task diversion but in order to do that i had to claim guilt well because they werent requesting time in jail they didnt provide a lawyer i asked for a continuance so i could seek legal representation i couldnt afford a lawyer so when i went back to court i asked for another continuance im pregnant thought i might be going into labor judge denied my motion i havent even seen my police report yet and set a firm trial date what are my options i dont want to go to trial i have a prior possesion of drug paraph class 6 felony conviction and they still have a charge of possesion of dangerous drug class four felony that was dismissed without prejudice meaning if they convict me on this case what if they bring up that case again isnt that three strikes or something :confused:

AmosMoses

You need a lawyer, period. I mean, if they can GUARANTEE you no jail time for this offense (or arrange whatever set of circumstances they have to to assure that they do not have to appoint counsel for you), and that does relieve them of having to furnish you a lawyer (I didn't know this was legal), AND you have other charges that haven't been disposed of yet that this current charge may complicate, you are in quite a spot. You are just gonna have to do something about paying for a lawyer if you value your freedom with those felonies dangling there. Have you tried "Legal Aid", or some other pro bono programs...you may be more apt to qualify for this free legal help since you are pregnant. That said, and I know you didn't come here for a lecture, but you are about to get at least part of one: I am suggesting the legal assistance source possibilities for one and one reason only: that you may be able to get into some sort of program to help your unborn child. You screw up your life, that's one thing, but you are making a crack baby here, and I don't think you give a damn about it! You never asked one thing about getting into any sort of prosecution program to help your unborn child! I am not an extremist, neither ultra liberal nor ultra conservative...you screwed up SEVERAL times in your life, and it's time to pay the piper. But now, you are using while you are pregnant, and rotting in jail for years is STILL too good of treatment for you as far as I am concerned. THAT'S probably why the judge denied your "motion", because he saw you don't give a damn about anything but getting high, your unborn baby included. I hope that your selfishness will direct you to contact one of these Legal Aid programs for your own good, and that it will help your child. Then, there is nothing that could happen to you that would get any sympathy or help from me...you've had PLENTY of chances...please give this unborn baby at least one chance. You are stacking the deck against him/her for your own pleasure, and I wish this baby the best of luck. I wish upon you whatever you deserve.

L

LILMSATTITUDE

your completely out of line!

i am not using this is a charge that was brought up against me when the other one got dismissed ive made my mistakes in life yes but i would never put an unborn baby at risk like that i didnt get pregnant to later! im sorry you feel so apt to pass judgement upon someone like that i pray for you! fortunately you are wrong about my using anything during this pregnancy, i can appreciate your concern however for this child but no need i also appreciate the suggestion thanks !

AmosMoses

i am sory youare mad but I dont really care and if you post about being pregnant and wanting a motion to continue cause you are about to give birth and you say that you have multiple previous drug convictions and you have a current one also and I say that I say anything about it and you don't like it it's probably because the truth hurts like hell doesn't it? and i can say whatever i want to say about it you are quite welcome!jabbajabbajabbajabbajabbajabbajabbajabbajabbajabbajabbaj

AmosMoses

And, FURTHERMORE:

I wish that I had IAAL's rapier like wit (TeeHeeHee- I have been wanting to use that phrase!!) for about fifteen minutes, cuz I would hit you with a GOOD Top Ten!!!

L

louiebingo

Limms:

Where is the father of your kid in all of this? Why isn't the daddy helping pay for a lawyer for you?

dont tell me he is in jail too?

Of course Limms we know you are never going to do the right thing and give your child up for adoption.

So you might as well spend time in jail, and have childrens services put you child in foster care....

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">