• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Drugs Charges and Appointed Attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

frivel

What is the name of your state? Ohio

Hi my have a question that needs to be answered and no one has answered it. My brother was arrested by federal officials in Ohio and charges with drug abuse and conspiracy. His bond was for $1,000,000 for both charges. My family here in Arizona recieved calls from attorneys saying they had spoken to him and he had gave them our number, I talked to an attorney and she sounded really confident and my brother also trusted her. I talked to her and told me she would charge $10,000 for the whole case but needed $5,000 to reach her by saturday cause my brother was going to court on that day. I overnight the cashier's check to her which she recieved and she went to court with my brother. I have tried to get in contact with her but she hasn't answered my calls on messages. My brother called me and told me he has court on Thursday and he hasn't seen the attorney since his first court. I looked her up online and found that she is an appointed attorney for the county. Also she called us. We Never called her and now I am thinking does she really have to charge for her services? Also what are the changes of my brother being set on parole? I would reallly appreciate your advice thanks.

Son of Slam

frivel said:
What is the name of your state? Ohio

Hi my have a question that needs to be answered and no one has answered it. My brother was arrested by federal officials in Ohio and charges with drug abuse and conspiracy. His bond was for $1,000,000 for both charges. My family here in Arizona recieved calls from attorneys saying they had spoken to him and he had gave them our number, I talked to an attorney and she sounded really confident and my brother also trusted her. I talked to her and told me she would charge $10,000 for the whole case but needed $5,000 to reach her by saturday cause my brother was going to court on that day. I overnight the cashier's check to her which she recieved and she went to court with my brother. I have tried to get in contact with her but she hasn't answered my calls on messages. My brother called me and told me he has court on Thursday and he hasn't seen the attorney since his first court. I looked her up online and found that she is an appointed attorney for the county. Also she called us. We Never called her and now I am thinking does she really have to charge for her services? Also what are the changes of my brother being set on parole? I would reallly appreciate your advice thanks.

Maybe the other $5,000 would help you get to talk to her. Or would you rather she use that for her to be at his next court date?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">