• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How do I get to see the judge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrloomis

What is the name of your state? California

How do I get an ex parte hearing? I have filed for divorce, and have on file the petition, summons, and uccjea. I have been uncessful in serving my wife, she abandoned me with 3 children. I have tried to serve her twice, but now she is gone and have not heard from her in weeks. What exact form do I need to file to get a judge to hear me out?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mrloomis said:
What is the name of your state? California

How do I get an ex parte hearing? I have filed for divorce, and have on file the petition, summons, and uccjea. I have been uncessful in serving my wife, she abandoned me with 3 children. I have tried to serve her twice, but now she is gone and have not heard from her in weeks. What exact form do I need to file to get a judge to hear me out?

My response:

Before you can "see the judge", you've got to have your wife served with the Summons and Petition.

But, then you say - - Hey, goddamnit, didn't you read? I said, "I have been uncessful in serving my wife, she abandoned me with 3 children. I have tried to serve her twice, but now she is gone".

I did read that!

So, here's what you do. You go to the Clerk at the filing window, and you say, "I'd like an Application for Order for Publication of Summons and Supporting Declaration form." The clerk will hand you the form and you pay the clerk fifteen cents. How ssimple is that?

Then, you go to your local Barnes & Noble bookstore and buy a book on Divorce, and follow the directions in the book to have your Summons published.

It's very easy. But, get the book for all of your other questions, too!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">