• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

how long

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dnburt

What is the name of your state? Texas

If the divorce was filed in 01/01 and the judge has yet to sign a final divorce decree paper, how long untill the papers are invalid?

M

MaggieK

You dont say where in Texas you filed but it is my understanding that Texas is way behind in processing divorces. Contested cases can take up to one year. Yours has been filed for over 2 years. I would be calling the clerk of court and asking what is the problem? Go there and ask to see your file, look through it for any notations or possible reasons why your case has not been resolved. Good luck.

D

dnburt

it's my friends divorce and the lawyer won't take the final decree before the judge untill his wife pays the large lawyers balance. Since she won't is there a way for the papers to be out of date?

M

MaggieK

Hey..guess what...anyone can prepare and file a final judgment for the judges signature. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">