• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Imputed Income for Health Insurance for Domestic Partner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lilady

What is the name of your state? NY

I would like to put my partner on my company health insurance. I will be hit with the taxes on the 'imputed income' (the monies the company pays to have him covered).

Is there any way I can have those taxes diverted to him, since he is the actual recipient of the benefits? Can I write them off? It is a big hit for me....

L

lilady

HE can list the premiums? They are coming out of MY paycheck! Can't I list the premiums since I'm paying them and paying tax on them??????

abezon

Nope. You can only take medical expenses for someone who is a spouse or dependent. However, medical expenses paid by a third party are treated as if they were paid by the person who received the treatment/coverage.

L

lilady

How lucky for him!

Thanks.

(One more reason for him to throw a rock on my finger!)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">