• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

step-parent adoption-bio. not alive

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toni spatz

What is the name of your state? arizona:
my daughter has had no contact will bio-father since 9 months old. she is now seven. last june he past away. i have been married for three years. how do we go about my husband adopting her? do we need a lawyer? how much will this cost? will her bio-fathers family have any rights?:eek: thank you in advance...:)

nextwife

My husband was adopted by his stepdad when he was in his teens. Father deceased since he was very young. In HIS case, a death certificate for the biofather was needed. His biodad's family was mostly overseas, so they were never an issue, but they technically had no rights. However, he remains very close with some cousins on his dad's side and they are important people in his life, especially now that his mom and stepdad are both deceased.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">