• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paramount custody?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blvngod

What does paramount custody mean?

What is the name of your state? Ky
Papers issued in state of Miss
What does the term paramount care, custody and control mean? This is what my husbands papers state regarding his custody I would like to know as mother of these children have had no contact with them in these seven years and I am wanting to adopt them. She failed to show up to court so no visitation is set all though we have tried to contact her and she refused. Last contact was three years ago. She was however ordered by the state to pay 100.00 per month support, supposed to be 300 but she argued with judge. Was a wage garnishment and that stopped three weeks ago I guess, we have not received a support check from the state since then. Even though she is paying this or was does this take away grounds for abandonment. We have proof that she knows where we are, reg. letters etc. and where she could have contacted the children.
Thank you

Last edited:

CMSC

Seanscott said:
Court ordered garnishment of wages does not count as support. You can still file abondonment.
seanscott, that isn't true in all states, don't know if you were referring to the posters state or not. But that doesn't mean it wouldn't hurt the poster to attempt the adoption.

blvngd, do you think mom would voluntarily give up her rights? Does she only pay when there is a wage garnishment in place? Also do you know if she is working, it could very well be the employer has messed up and stopped taking out the money.

How old are the children?

B

blvngod

children are 13 and 14. We got custody when they were 6 and 7.
Mother has never made any attempts. argued with the judge but he told her she had no choice but to pay. No she had been at this job for a long time, a few years. I am going to make a call next week and see if she still works there. I dont think she would give up her rights, even though she has so to speak. She has never contacted them in the seven and a half years except to try and kidnap them once. When I would call her about accidents, surgery's etc, she was never to be found or when I did, she didnt care. Thanks for all your help.

CMSC

I think you have good grounds to have her rights terminated, especially if you have the kidnapping documented! But it would be safe for you to seek consultation from an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">