• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

house not listed in trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

toody2

To care for my mother, I needed to buy a different house-my house and businesss had not sold at that time. Bank required her name and mine on the mortgage and deed because I was self-employed w/seasonal rentals & bank would not accept my income. The house is not listed as part of mother's trust. She is a Hospice patient now, when she dies, will the house become mine? or will it be considered part of her estate and be divided with the trust? I would like to pay off the mortgage, but not if the house will need to be split as part of her trust.Live in NC. Thanks

ALawyer

You need to see a lawyer in your area and have the lawyer look at the documents carefully. NOW.

If your mother is still competent and it would not be duress, she could amend documents. Or perhaps under a power of attorney the person appointed and/or the successor trustee could do some things to simplify matters.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">