• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

Wayne Feierabend

Mom died Jan 7, 2000 and had a living will drawn up with the atty being named as the executor(fiduciary). This Atty had only 3 things to liquidate, a condo, a vehicle and some stocks. He has of yet to this day done any of these things. We (3) surviving children call him to ask where we are at in the proceedings and get no answers. I, being the oldest, have dealt with him for the mostpart and have been told NOT to contact him until I apologize, in writing, to his secretary for "being rude". We receive no letters stating what's being done and now cannot ask. Who do we contact to get the ball rolling, him or the Bar Assn? We have informed him that we would like closure on this matter as to move on with our lives, but still hear nothing from him. He has told us months ago that Mom's will is on his desk as we speak, but he had no answers on what he was doing because he wasn't doing anything. He stated that he was swamped with cases and that people like myself call 6 hours a day asking about the probate, leaving him 2 hours to get any work done.In other words, quit calling is the message we heard. We have done most of the footwork by running down the necessary paperwork,(death cert., stock cert., vehicle docs.) and sent them to him months ago. Where do we go from here? This matter is in California. Also, in the will, it states that if any of the 3 children contest the will,he/she is to be considered deceased and not included in the will. We feel that by taking ANY action against this Atty will allow him to cut one or all of us out of the will. We are intimidated and do not know how to handle this matter. Plz help us!!! Thx

------------------
Wayne Feierabend

[This message has been edited by Wayne Feierabend (edited June 28, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Wayne Feierabend (edited June 28, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">