• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

i wanna divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

calgren

What is the name of your state? Texas

i have been seperated from my husband for over 10 yrs--we have no property together--custody and child support has already been established in a court of law--he does not contest the divorce and wants one as well as i so he can get on with his life--i am currently with another person and we have 2 children together that the courts have established do not belong to my husband and recognize my current partner is the father (he also accepts full responsibilty for them) --in Texas i undersstand that i am able to do my own filing for divorce and therefore save money on a lawyer (money being the sole reason neither my husband or myself have not already gotten our divorce)---my question is i have been told that i cannot file myself because i have 2 children that are not my husbands but are still considered products of the marriage therefore making it impossible to file myself--i want to know if this is true (i have the papers stating that ''the court finds that'' -names of children- ''are not the children of defendant''

thank you very much

E

Ex Is Nuts

Well, I'm no lawyer, but if it is uncontested, spend a few hundred bucks and have a lawyer do all the work. I know, it seems unnecessary, but it could save you MANY headaches in the future. Let a profeesional do the work, and cover your butt. It's not THAT expensive if it is uncontested. It's worth the money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">