• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Expense for 2003?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gobonas99

What is the name of your state? NY

I started my own Princess House Business in Sept 2002. Taxes for 2002 were very easy, since I didn't have a weird expenses, because I had just started my business.

Every year, Princess House has their annual Celebration event (basically a convention) - this year it is in July in Florida. Princess House permits consultants to bring their spouses with them to Celebration, provided a guest registration fee is paid. Spouses then participate in various events and receptions (both with other spouses while the consultants are in siminars and with other spouses AND the consultants). I am paying my registration fee (and that of my husband) through profit check deductions. Is the registration fee for my husband deductible as a business expense? What about the cost of his plane ticket to get to Florida? Also, can I expense the full cost of the hotel, since I would have had to pay that whether or not my husband came with me?

Thanks so much!
-Christina

abezon

None of his expenses/fees are deductible, but you can deduct the hotel room in full, since that expense was not tied to him attending the conference as a guest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">