• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How many times can court be postponed?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

krissywa

What is the name of your state? WA

I was supposed to go to court in January for a hearing to keep my husband from closing our company (and starting a new one with his girlfriend), thus cutting off any income or health insurance that my daughter and I have. I am still waiting, and was supposed to go tomarrow, but have found out that it is being postponed again.

Is there any law out there that limits how long this can be done? I really need a bone thrown my way.

Any help would be much appreciated.

B

Boxcarbill

krissywa said:
What is the name of your state? WA

I was supposed to go to court in January for a hearing to keep my husband from closing our company (and starting a new one with his girlfriend), thus cutting off any income or health insurance that my daughter and I have. I am still waiting, and was supposed to go tomarrow, but have found out that it is being postponed again.

Is there any law out there that limits how long this can be done? I really need a bone thrown my way.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Hearings can be postponed for numerous reason by either of the parties, the attorneys or the judge. Reasons can be numerous: sickness, death, conflict with another trial, unavailability of a party or a witness, discovery is incomplete--these are just a few reasons which come to mind.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">