• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where might I find information on.......

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dfantasia03

What is the name of your state? IN and or FL

Where might I find information on divorce laws for the states of Indiana and Florida?
Sites that would have information such as:
How long do you have to live in the state to file?
How long does it take for the divorce to be final?
Are the states "No Fault" states?

I have a friend that presently resides in FL.
This person is choosing to move to IN soon.
We are trying to figure out which state the divorce should be filed in to be more benificial.

Thank you in advance for your reply.

B

Boxcarbill

At the top of this page there is a gold bar and on that bar is a link entitled "State Resources" which you can click on. That will take you to a map in which you can click onto the state law which your are interested in. You are looking for "family law" or "domestic relations" in the states' code or statute.

dfantasia03

I appreciate that information. However, I had already gone there... did that before I posted my question. :)

I searched for about an hour. Couldn't come up with anything that would give me the detail that I need/would like to have.

Is there any way that you may be able to answer those questions for IN and FL? If so, do you need any other information to better advise me? Do you have any additional information that you feel would be benificial?

Again....

Thank you!

dfantasia03

Thank you so very much!!!

You are WONDERFUL!!

THAT was EXACTLY what I was looking for!

I'd recommend those sites to others, too!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">