• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorced stepmother wants all from estate.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pboyd

My father recently passed away 5-21. He was terminally ill with cancer. When his wife discovered the cancer returned, she filed for divorce. They had been divorced for over a year when he passed away. Now that he's gone she is trying to get all of the things that she didn't get from the divorce. I was appointed executor of his estate. Can she get things from his estate when she wasn't mentioned in the will?

ALawyer

Not unless she was a creditor -- and if she files a claim the executor will have to defend it.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">