• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

irrevocable trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

westxgal

My mother died in 1986, two weeks before she died, my brother (who is an atty) had her sign the residuary of her separate property into an irrevocable trust of which he is trustee as well as benefciary. I sued, but dropped the suit after family pressure. It is 14 yrs later, and I suspect alot of wrong-doing and self-dealing on my brother's part. Father is still alive, and refuses to take a stance. Another brother is co-trustee and not happy about the situation either. Can we split trust? Can I sue again (mother was on morphine) or has the statute run out? OR should I call for an audit? Thanks

ALawyer

Go to a Texas trusts lawyer of your own (if that is where the trust is situated) and report the suspected new wrongs and ask what remedies are now open. The old matters are probably time barred. But your father could right any inequities in HIS estate planning.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">