• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Advice on filing a Pro Se No Fault Divorce in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mariasalways

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania...

I have already completed the first step in filing for a No Fault Divorce (Pro Se) in Delaware County, PA, but I am confused about where I go from here. I need to know the rest of the rules or steps and what type of time line they each have. I know that I have to send him the papers certified mail, and then he has to go to the courthouse (with the papers) and file out and sign an “Affidavit”. But I have no idea where to go from there. We have no children or property, nothing to split. I was told that after he signs the Affidavit, it is just a waiting game and the courts will grant us the divorce, and that we will just have to go and sign together the finalized paperwork, but I want to make sure that I do everything correctly and hit all of the steps that need to be completed.

Can someone please help? Thanks so much! :D

M

MaggieK

It sounds as though you have purchased a divorce packet. If so, were there no instructions with it? If not, contact the clerk of court where you filed. They should have an Intake department who helps pro se litigants. Or you can research the procedure online by going to your state Family Law, divorce,etc.

M

mariasalways

I went and did the research on how to start it, found all the forms and photocopied then, and then filed. But I am confused on where to go from here.

I am going to try and get some information online, but if anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">