• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

executor of estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flyer

Several years ago, my grandfather passed away. Two years ago, my grandmother was diagnosed with Dimensia. My mother was Power of Attorney for her until she moved out of state, and my aunt said she would take over...she has done that alright. Grandma is now taking sleeping pills twice a day, is flat broke, (when she previously had over 7,000 in the bank, and income of 1,700 coming in every month.)
My aunt, since she is the oldest out of the children, is also the executor of the estate.
Can she legally be both in Indiana, or is that a conflict of interest?

ALawyer

Not a conflict in any states I know of (but I am not from IN) and it costs a lot of money to care for someone with any illness, much less dementia. Why don'y you volunteer to take care of her and then maybe the $1700 per month could be saved. Right.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">