• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

court orders in divorce

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Patrticia C

What is the name of your state? California
Hi i have a friend that is male and has been married for 8 years and seperated for 5 and a half of those ,he thought he was divorced now the wife comes back wanting to stay married to him he wants a divorce it has gone to court and the court says that he has to stay with her for a further 2 years and try to work it out through counselling he has been given a court order for this?What can be done he wants a divorce he is at sea right now and his attorney didnt do his job right?She actually kiddnaped there son and took him away years ago.My friend is beside himself he has found someone else to be with and they planned to get married now this has happend, she cheated on him in the first place hence the seperation.He has also been in another realationship and had 2 other children during this time.Is there anything he can do to have this decision overturned he is really out of his mind over all this.I cant believe there is nothing he can do this is madness after years apart.

VeronicaGia

Why would he "think" he was divorced. Have him go to the county courthouse where he "thinks" the divorce took place and see if he is still in fact married.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">