• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

stepmother has everything

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dave47

My father passed away a few years ago. My stepmother, who is mentally challenged, was left everything. She is in the care of her family. She has a couple of brothers but no children of her own. When she passes, will my fathers property become her brother's can I hope to at least recover some of my father's photos and momentos? My relationship with her family is not great. Is there any hope?

ALawyer

If it is her property and was left to her outright and not in trust for you, it goes to her heirs at law - although some states (CA) have presumptive adoptive parent rights that treat certain stepchildren as children if there is no will.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">