• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quick question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

Ex Is Nuts

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My ex finally moved out of my house (which I am getting in the divorce) and gave me back the key so I can move back in. Our divorce is not finalized as of yet, but we are in agreement on everything... so I thought. Part of the agreement was that she could take all of the furnishings she needed out of the house (Chairs, beds, microwaves, etc), with a few detailed exceptions. One thing we never talked about was the satellite system tho. Much to my suprise, she took the receiver! The 10' dish and all the wiring are still there tho.

I asked her why she took it. She said she was going to give it to her uncle. Kinda pissed me off. I said "Hey, no one died!, so don't be giving my crap away!". If she had intended on using it for herself (installing a satellite at her new house), I wouldn't have liked it, but would have gone along with it. But she didn't take it because she needed it, she just took it to be a pain in the butt and is going to give it away to someone else. So my question is, the agreement was for me to get the house, intact, so wouldn't this be considered to be part of the house? I mean, the dish, and all of the cabling, etc, are are installed as a part of the house. If I were to sell the house, I would sell it as a part of the house, not remove it (that's what she and I did at our last house - we sold the sat system with the house). So shouldn't she have to return this?

I have asked her to return it, and she was a little "pissy" about it, but said she would ask her mom if she has shipped it to her uncle yet (he lives in New York). No promises as of the moment, but I'm hopeful. I'm just wondering though how a satellite system would be viewed? Would it be considered as part of the house, or not?

E

Ex Is Nuts

About $750 for the particular one I had. But don't misunderstand the sitaution anyone, she didn't get "ripped" by me getting the house. She got the Condo, and I paid off her SUV and she kept that too. Plus all of the stuff in the house. That's why I'm just a little pissy that she would do something like this.... I have tried like hell to be fair with her, and she keeps ripping me. Grrrrrr

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">