• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Methamphetamines

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Stellar69

What is the name of your state? Ohio

A close friend of mine was caught in November getting off of an airplane with 150 grams of methamphetamines (mixture). Then he took off his electronic monitoring device and went on the run. He was caught and is currently awaiting sentencing. His charges went from state to federal. What kind of time is he looking at getting? Also is it true that time spent in a county jail can count double towards total time served because county jails are more dangerous for inmated than federal prisons? Please email responses directly to this site or to my email at [email protected]

AmosMoses

Stellar

I recently met a fellow, an older gentleman, in Georgia, who had done a good bit of time in the federal pen for some sort of stock fraud or something like that. He is a barber, and I was getting a haircut, first and only time I ever saw him, but he started talking about it when he learned I was from Louisiana (he asked if I knew or knew of Billy Cannon, believe it or not!), and he started talking about his time there. Well, the gist of what he said was that the facility where he was at was sort of not-too-bad/violent on one side of the road, where he was. But, "across the road", according to him, was "the bad side". What I gathered is that you were put where they thought you needed to be put...if you were dangerous, you went "across the road". He also talked about something applicable to your query. He said that where you were at really didn't have a lot to do with how long you were to be there. He said that if he were a young man, the worst thing he could think of to face being locked up for was "drug charges...either carrying a package on an airplane or manufacturing drugs". Now, I don't know why he said that, or if it is in the least bit true, but I don't think he made it up, and I would imagine he saw enough people in there to kind of have an idea what the sentence ranges were. He was emphatic to the point that he said he "hated drugs", but that he thought that the sentences were too stiff relative to other crimes. I am sure that gives you no comfort at all, and for all I know that may be a bunch of bull, but that is what he said.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">