• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Texas- vicodin (hydrocodone) possesion one tab.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sidebustter

What is the name of your state? Texas
My wife was pulled over for brake light out , she could not find her drivers license and was arrested , after arriving at the police station and being booked the arresting officer found her d.License while searching her purse and continuued searching her purse, then discovering one loose tablet of vicoden she had gotten from my ex wife earlier that evening for pain of loss of a tooth earlier in the day.she was charged with felony possestion one tablet. while continuing his search he came across a letter in the purse that contained a draft story about some explicit sexual fantasys, roleplaying ,etc: that she sells to several adult publications . they passed the letter around and ridiculed her and embarrased her. and upon making bail and arriving home we discovered that someone had stolen the letter. because we did not get it back. isnt this a gross invasion of privacy? Also it has been 2 years and we have not heard from anyone yet my bond put up by a bailbondsman is still being held.Any help would be appreciated my email is [email protected] thanks again!

AmosMoses

Sidebuster

I don't believe that it would be considered an invasion of privacy, as it was obtained in a legal search. Granted, the gawking and hooting and hollering about the spicy story was probably uncalled for, and surely embarassing for your wife, but I think that it's not an actual crime or tort no matter which way you look at it, but keep in mind that this is solely my opinion. Now, it would seem that the story may be considered intellectual property if your wife sells similar, and as such it should have probably been returned with her other personal property. I have no doubt they may have kept it to extend the joke, as they saw it, for a little while longer (to let the 3-11 guys laugh at it, whatever), but I just personally don't believe it is anything worthwhile for you to pursue. I wouldn't want to make a big stink about it with undisposed of felony charges lodged against me in that district if I were you, if you follow me there. If you haven't heard ANYTHING at all in the two years since then, no arraignment or anything after you bailed your wife out, I wonder if she somehow slipped between the cracks, or what's going on there. Sure sounds like a hell of a back up on the court system there! You haven't heard anything at all from them? She surely didn't miss a court date, I don't believe, as you haven't heard a knock on the door from the bail bondsman yet. I don't understand what you mean about the bond and the bail bondsman... you generally pay the bail bondsman about 10% of the bail and that's that, unless you jump bail, and then he forfeits the entire bail until he catches up with you, which he will eventually. You don't get that money back from the bail bondsman... it's his fee. If you had signed a property bond or something, why would you have gone through a bail bondsman? I've never heard of that, but I guess it is done. Learn something new every day! Do you have a lawyer? If not, you will need one anyway, so go ahead and find one and see what's going on. It may not seem like much to you, if you are thinking about it as "one little pill", you may be deluding yourself, albeit unintentionally. It is felony possession of a Schedule II CDS, a very serious crime, along with any traffic violation(s) that they issued her, if any. So, check with a lawyer on this matter. It can only help you in the long run, and can hurt you significantly not to. Good luck.

Last edited:
S

sidebustter

thank you for the advice, sounds like a good idea. the main reason for bringing up the letter is it seamed to me to be a invasion on the fact that there was no reason to have read it. it clearly was not drugs or a weapon and immediately apparent that it was a private letter and by not returning it i would think is theft of private property. or it sure fits th bill to us. Anyway thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">