• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate Problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

keeshy2

My grandmother in California died last week. She had specifically told my uncle that one account was to cover her funeral expenses, but cancer took over before she could get to the bank to add him - this was completely unexpected. As far as we've been able to find, there is no power of attorney. We found the lawyer who drafted the will and wanted to pick it up except he was admitted to the hospital the night we found him! What can we do? Will the will allow the executor to access the account so we can pay the funeral home? And how can we get the will since the lawyer is in the hospital? Any advice would help...

S

Suzyq

I recognized your usename from LotionBarn.com. This would explain why you haven't been posting there recently. Please accept my deepest condolences on the passing of your grandmother.

Hope to see you back at Lotion Barn soon.

Sincerely,
Susan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">