• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

estate

• Thread starter don't know what to do
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

don't know what to do

My mother died in February of 2000 leaving behind 2daughters and 3grandchildren. She had no will and had a second morgage on her house that she was still paying. What is the procedure that we have to take here in Florida to change the name on the house. My sister lives there now and neither one of us has reported to the lender that she has passed away. She is planning on moving and wants me to move into the house. What is the procedure that we need to follow and what else do we have to do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by don't know what to do:
My mother died in February of 2000 leaving behind 2daughters and 3grandchildren. She had no will and had a second morgage on her house that she was still paying. What is the procedure that we have to take here in Florida to change the name on the house. My sister lives there now and neither one of us has reported to the lender that she has passed away. She is planning on moving and wants me to move into the house. What is the procedure that we need to follow and what else do we have to do?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response:

You need to file and "intestate" Probate of her Estate (which includes her home). Why?

Without court orders concerning your appointment as the administrator of the Estate, and without Testamentary Letters from the Clerk, there is no one who can legally deal with you concerning the disposition of her property, whether "Real" or "Personal". This is the only way to change the name on the deed (if you qualify with the bank to take it over), or to have the authority to sell any of her property.

IAAL

------------------
By reading the “Response” to your question or comment, you agree that: The opinions expressed herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE" are designed to provide educational information only and are not intended to, nor do they, offer legal advice. Opinions expressed to you in this site are not intended to, nor does it, create an attorney-client relationship, nor does it constitute legal advice to any person reviewing such information. No electronic communication with "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE," on its own, will generate an attorney-client relationship, nor will it be considered an attorney-client privileged communication. You further agree that you will obtain your own attorney's advice and counsel for your questions responded to herein by "I AM ALWAYS LIABLE."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">