• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Savings Bonds

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ELNbluemax2

I posted the following question on the real estate board by mistake:
My savings bonds (EE and HH) were put into our Trust as per preprinted instructions from the atty. who prepared the Trust, as follows: John and Mary Smith, Co-Trustees
Smith Family Trust Dec. 1, 1995.
Does the "and" automatically put half the value of the Bonds into Probate, since my husband died. Or, does Co-Trustee mean the same as "OR" since we both had equal power and control of the Bonds??? Need your answer. Thanks!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ELNbluemax2:
I posted the following question on the real estate board by mistake:
My savings bonds (EE and HH) were put into our Trust as per preprinted instructions from the atty. who prepared the Trust, as follows: John and Mary Smith, Co-Trustees
Smith Family Trust Dec. 1, 1995.
Does the "and" automatically put half the value of the Bonds into Probate, since my husband died. Or, does Co-Trustee mean the same as "OR" since we both had equal power and control of the Bonds??? Need your answer. Thanks!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

We knew it was a mistake yet answered it anyway on the real estate BB.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">