• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

~Deed of Trust~

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

ncdreamer

NORTH CAROLINA--My Grandpa died in 1983 and wished that the residence {house and land value of $25,000} be left to me through my father.Well, my father purchased the residence from his brother and sister in a legal way and now owns it.Only we signed a Deed of Trust saying that in the event of my Daddy's death the place would be mine!I have lived here for 11 years now and paid every tax and kept up the property on the place since.The house was ran down and so I had a verbal agreement with my father that I could move a Double-wide Trailer w/permanent underpining here and he agreed to it.Well, my father is 74 years old and is in debt $12,000 and wants to get a loan through the bank on the house and land here.Will the Deed of Trust still be viable??And will I be liable for the debt of the loan in the event of his debt?

N

ncdreamer

Thought that I was registered-but I AM now! Someone please give me some advice please cause my father is going to the bank tomorrow and I need to know my rights and stay away from my father's debt!!Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">