• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrnps

My 77 year old mother who had lived with us for the past 10 months has passed away. I had my name added as a joint owner of her bank account($450.), 2 $10,000. CDs, and stocks valued at $4550. this year. I am also the beneficiary of her life insurance. I am the executor of her will. I have 5 other siblings to divide this money amongst. I live in Florida. Is it ok to have all of these monies deposited into my personal checking account and write checks to my siblings for their shares. I am concerned with taxes, etc. Will all of this money be reported as my income that I will be taxed on at the end of the year? If so, how should I handle this money?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">