• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Charitable Trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shiaro

Can someone tells me the guidelines and the things (forms etc) I need to do to incorporate a charitable trust.

Thanks

Rajesh

W

Whaleman72

There are different types of charitable trusts, such as charitable remainder trusts and charitable lead trusts. It depends on what you are trying to accomplish as different charitable trusts have different tax consequences and different benefits for the gift giver and the gift recipient.

Your choice of the word incorporate is confusing to me. Charitable trusts are not incorporated, but rather they are drafted (usually by an attorney)and then executed by the gift giver.

You should consult an attorney, or sometimes the charitable organization can help you.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">