• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Falsified Documentation by Lawyer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gregg

In researching paperwork relative to my aunt's estate, I find records at our county court house indicating WHERE she died have been falsified by a local lawyer. Also, as with other such files, her death certificate IS MISSING. When I questioned the clerks in the office of the Register of Wills, they simply said they "can't do anything about it." I'm concerned because my aunt died out of state and a will may have existed in the state she died. I am being asked to sign off a piece of property of which this aunt was part owner. I also have an interest in this property. What can I do locally to see that Death Certificate and, if it is falsified, what action do I then take?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gregg:
In researching paperwork relative to my aunt's estate, I find records at our county court house indicating WHERE she died have been falsified by a local lawyer. Also, as with other such files, her death certificate IS MISSING. When I questioned the clerks in the office of the Register of Wills, they simply said they "can't do anything about it." I'm concerned because my aunt died out of state and a will may have existed in the state she died. I am being asked to sign off a piece of property of which this aunt was part owner. I also have an interest in this property. What can I do locally to see that Death Certificate and, if it is falsified, what action do I then take? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Contact the State Health Dept. to get a duplicate death certificate. You can also contact the Doctor that signed the Certificate. Do not sign anything until your attorney reviews everything and gives approval.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">