• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

North Carolina--Deed of Trust Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

ncdreamer

NORTH CAROLINA--My father recently talked with a lawyer that originally drew up a deed of trust for him. In this deed of trust it states that in the event of my fathers death the property that i live on will be reverted to me. My father thought that he would have all obligations over the property until such time of death, but upon speaking with the attorney, my father was told that by signing the deed of trust-it gave me 50% ownership on the property. My father is wanting to put the land up as collateral so that he can get a loan of $10,000 to pay off his credit card debt. Is there anything that he can do legally in order to take my priviledges away towards the property???????

I have lived on the property for 11 years and paid every tax allocated for it and have even tied up about $4,500 in it plus putting a permanently underpined dbl-wide trailer on it and I sure don't want to lose it now!! Thanks for the advice in advance!! [email protected]

[This message has been edited by ncdreamer (edited July 29, 2000).]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">