• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custodianship of Son's Life Insurance Inheritance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

My ex-husband recently died and I now have full physical and legal custody of our 2 sons (prior to his death he had physical and we shared legal). They are beneficiaries for his life insurance. I've just learned that his new wife filed a UTMA (Uniform Transfer for Minors Agreement) and has recieved payment on behalf of my child from his life insurance company. I haven't received any information on this at all. The only information I've received was a petition for her to Administer the estate with "limited" authority. I was told she couldn't do anything with my children's money without my consent. Can she really appoint herself to control their $$?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">