• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mail Order Sweepstakes Fraud!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Seven

My father is 80yrs old, I recently spent this summer with him; My mother is discouraged because we found over $8,000 in money order receipts filled out to these mail order sweepstake companies. He is receiving over 6 magazines a week of which he doesn't read and a bunch of junk plastic novalty items; I have been intercepting phone calls from telemarketers telling my father he will be receiving checks, but to send them money to receive them. My parents are on limited income and I arrived here to help out financially. I know my father is addicted to this mess. Is there any way legally I can stop these companies from taking advantage of my father? I'm afraid once I leave them this fall they may end in financial ruin.
Help Please!!!

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Seven:
My father is 80yrs old, I recently spent this summer with him; My mother is discouraged because we found over $8,000 in money order receipts filled out to these mail order sweepstake companies. He is receiving over 6 magazines a week of which he doesn't read and a bunch of junk plastic novalty items; I have been intercepting phone calls from telemarketers telling my father he will be receiving checks, but to send them money to receive them. My parents are on limited income and I arrived here to help out financially. I know my father is addicted to this mess. Is there any way legally I can stop these companies from taking advantage of my father? I'm afraid once I leave them this fall they may end in financial ruin.
Help Please!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may already be a winner or a loser. Most of those are scams. Even the big ones with Mr. Ed were proven to be misleading. Have him change his telephone number to an umlisted unpublished number. Next get them to hire a trust/estate attorney and have the trustee handle their financial affairs. Otherwise I got some volcano land for sale at a good price and will throw in 8 magazines per week as a bonus.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">