• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

medicare advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

KM

My grandmother is 90 years old and me and my sisters put her land and house in our names so that she could get help from medicare or medicade well now my niece is wanting the property and me and my sisters are aginst it becouse she want take care of my mother.my question is if we put it back in my mothers name can medicare take it from her? she will not go live with anyone or to a nurseing home iam conserned if we do this she wont have anywhere to go.thanks so much!!!

P

peter

Yes they will take the house and you kids will probably get ZERO......

Also most states require you to give away assets 3 to 5 years before you recive medicaid, or else the transfer in invalid.

Thats to prevent fraud...you cant be sick and give awy the house!

Did you change the deed to all of you?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KM:
My grandmother is 90 years old and me and my sisters put her land and house in our names so that she could get help from medicare or medicade well now my niece is wanting the property and me and my sisters are aginst it becouse she want take care of my mother.my question is if we put it back in my mothers name can medicare take it from her? she will not go live with anyone or to a nurseing home iam conserned if we do this she wont have anywhere to go.thanks so much!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

K

KM

yes the deed is in all three of us girls name .i thank you so much for your time!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">