• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

watch lost child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

sabine13

What is the name of your state? NJ
My spouse's parental rights were terminated by DYFS. Is it legal to have an investigator watch the child from a distance and report to us? And when the child turns 18 is it legal to contact?

Last edited:

D

dorenephilpot

Sure, it's legal for the person to observe the child in public places and report back to you.

However, if anyone gets wind of it, there will probably be a flurry of protective orders or no-contact orders issued.

You can contact the child when the child becomes an adult legally.

You can also register with your state's department of health to keep them apprised of your current name, address, etc., and giving your permission to give those out to the child, in the event that the child comes looking for you in the future.

djohnson

I would also beware. There had to have been a pretty good reason that the parental rights were terminated. This could be stalking or threatening and could cause a lot of trouble.

S

sabine13

What is the name of your state? NJ

to dorenephilpot
thank you for your response.

to djohnson
" There had to have been a pretty good reason that the parental rights were terminated. " its called money a/k/a green justice

If you read the question no one would be stalking or threatening.

And losing a child is more than
" just another speed bump on the road of life."
sorry you are so cold

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

sabine13 said:

to djohnson

And losing a child is more than
" just another speed bump on the road of life."

sorry you are so cold

===================================

My response:

Yes. You should see how that statement looks when "djohnson" answers all the axe murderer posts!

Sample post - -

"My husband was killed by an axe murderer"

"I'm sorry to hear that. However, take heart. This is "just another speed bump on the road of life."

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">