• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Va Laws??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

makaio14

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I've been separated from my husband for alittle over a month, while we attend counseling, and decide whether we should get a divorce or try to work on things.
We are separated because he is extremely controlling. Just the other day a friend of his saw me and a few of my friends, and went and told him I was with another guy. Now my husband demands that I not be anywhere where there are other men unless he is there, and he said if I was he would take 'legal action'. I don't know exactly what he meant by that, but is there anything he can legally do to refrain me from being around other men?
I am not cheating on him or seeing anyone, but I do think women can have friends that are males, and keep it platonic.
So if anyone knows, I would appreciate it.
Thank you,

M.

kat1963

Nah. Only thing that could hurt you is that if he can prove adultry, use it for grounds in the divorce and then it could effect your property settlement or spousal support.

Why haven't you unloaded this one by now?

KAT

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">