• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MadKat

My mom abruptly took ill last year and I had
to put her in a Nursing Home under Medi-Cal.
She has dementia/alzheimers and has been declared mentally incompetent. I need to get a power of attorney in order to manage her affairs or no one will deal with me. My
mom's name is also on my house (for which she has made no investment, profit, or residence). I am on disability and cannot afford a lawyer. Is there any way I can get power of attorney granted to me (I am the only living family member).

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MadKat:
My mom abruptly took ill last year and I had
to put her in a Nursing Home under Medi-Cal.
She has dementia/alzheimers and has been declared mentally incompetent. I need to get a power of attorney in order to manage her affairs or no one will deal with me. My
mom's name is also on my house (for which she has made no investment, profit, or residence). I am on disability and cannot afford a lawyer. Is there any way I can get power of attorney granted to me (I am the only living family member).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would need to get a court directed POA. Contact the local Legal Aid office or the local office of the American Bar Association. Hopefully one of those offices will be able to get you an attorney at little or no cost.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">