• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this possible?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TinLizie

What is the name of your state? NY

Five months ago I delivered a bag of pot (unknowingly) to a relative. This relative proceeded to smoke the pot with many family members, including a minor relative and myself. I did not offer the pot to the minor, but I was there one of the times that this minor smoked up. The minors parent is considering pressing charges against me (and the others) for contributing to the delinquency of a minor as well as some kind of charges against the person that sent the pot to begin with. Does she have a chance?

By the way, all of this happened in a state other than the states in which we reside and we all reside in different states.

Last edited:

JETX

"Does she have a chance?"
*** Of course she does. And depending on the age of the minor, most states have mandatory requirements for reporting 'child abuse'. And abuse would include witnessing an adult giving drugs to a minor.

T

TinLizie

Whats next?

The minor was 15 at the time. If the parent were to press charges, what kind of penalties do I have to look forward to? I have a clean record and I have never been caught with drugs.

See, this is what I get for smoking up after 8 yrs of being clean. See if I touch the stuff again.

JETX

Any penalties that you might face would depend entirely on the specific charges, if any.

C

confused1111

parents like that really piss me off. they should watch their kids better. it's not your damn fault the kid wanted to toke. the only lesson they're teaching their child is to blame others for their mistakes.

C

confused1111

just tell those parents to drink their whiskey in the jar. then go give em a piece of mind and say the boys are back in town.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">