• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

separation agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PeterC

New York,
I recently received some bills from my decesed wifes medical doctors. The bills are quite huge and i was told by my insurance provider that tey are above any customary charges and that no insurance company would cover the amount. .My question is, My wife and i have been separated with an separation agreemeet. Please take a look at the medical provisions that are stated and advise me if i have an obligation to pay.
Medical Insurance
The Husband agrees to maintain in full fource and effect Blue Cross/Blue sheild (or substantialy equivalent insurance) and or major medical insurance covering the wife at all times,with the broadest coverage availible and with the minimum deductable provision. Each party shall cooperate with the other in the filing of any claims and in securing reinburstment for any expense paid BY THE OTHER QUAILIFING FOR REIMBURSTMENT UNDER SUCH INSURANCE.
My wife has now passed on and i cannot aford to pay these tremendess bills. am i liable? Please help. I'm disabled and not able to hire a lawyer for consiltaion.

Thank you for your attention in this matter

Peter

vrzirn

An initial consultation with a reputable attorney should be either free or inexpensive.
I would begin by writing to the doctors and telling them to refer all claims for payment to the insurer.
After they receive whatever is going to be paid they will come after you for the balance. At that point, you will have to show them the legal agreement between you and your wife, and explain your financial and physical situation. Write letters to the doctors, speak personally on the telephone with them. Have your attorney write the letters because it will carry more weight.
I seriously doubt any of them will sue you. They may turn it over to collections but you will cross that road if you come to it.
Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">