• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trapped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AmandaDW

Alabama
In our Divorce papers there is a decree stating that 90 days after our divorce is final and we are still living together it is considered a Legal Seperation not a Legal Divorce. Yesterday was the 90 days. I moved out of the home stayed with a friend, then my spouse threatened that if I did not move back in he would sue me for adultery and then I would not get the kids. So I moved back in! Everytime I would start to move out he would threaten me with the kids. I have not done anything that would get them taken away from me, but I never know what a judge will decide.
Our divorce was final and I started dating while living in the same household, now he is pushing the adultery issue. I thought that if the divorce is final then he could not get me for adultery living together or not! Is it considered adultery and is there anyway I can get out of the decree! I want a Legal Divorce not a Legal Seperation! I want to get on with my life, can someone PLEASE HELP ME?:confused:
Thanks
Amanda

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
For starters - don't take legal advice from your ex/stbx. Talk to a lawyer. Your best bet would be to move in with a FEMALE friend or on your own with the kids.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">