• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

deposition questions?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

janet6162

What is the name of your state? VA

What type of questions are asked in a uncontested divorce case?

V

Virginia Lathan

Hi Janet6162,

To answer your question, other than introductory questions that seek routine background information, like what is your name, address, age, place of employment, are you under the influence of drugs or medication at this time, etc., there are no standard questions that are asked in any deposition. Attorneys have a broad scope. Obviously if there is missing information around specific things, like the value of property that's being divided or how much income one party may have versus the other, then attorneys will seek to get information about that. If you're represented by an attorney, then if the questioning attorney's questions get too far afield, then your attorney can object to you answering them.

On my web site I have posted a sample deposition transcript that happens to have been taken from a deposition in a divorce proceeding. It's short so it doesn't give detailed information, but at least you can get a flavor for how questioning at a deposition routinely goes.

Good luck to you, and remember, during the proceeding to relax and allow youself time to think before answering.

Last edited by a moderator:

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Virginia Lathan said:
"On my web site (http://curryco.cjb.net) I have posted a sample deposition transcript that happens to have been taken from a deposition in a divorce proceeding. It's short so it doesn't give detailed information, but at least you can get a flavor for how questioning at a deposition routinely goes."

===================================

My response:

Careful Virginia. We're watching you.

"Use of the Forums is subject to our Terms and Conditions which prohibit advertisements, solicitations or other commercial messages . . . "

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">