• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

My Mother's estate enter probate in May of 1997 in California. Her home was sold and closed escrow, her interest in a Real Estate trust was appraised with the court accepting the appraisal. Her cash on hand in checking and savings was disbursed to the beneficaries. Her life insurance policy were also disbursed to the beneficaries The personal property was divided with the court authorizing the administrator to dispose of the remaining items of personal property in any way she sees fit. The attorney has done nothing for at least a year. Does not return phone calls to the administrator. Does not respond to letters or e-mail. When he is spoken with he placates and promises to perform but does not follow through. I think the attorney is failing to act competently and is failing to communicate. What can be done to make this attorney perform and concluded this matter

Sincerely

Chuck

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
My Mother's estate enter probate in May of 1997 in California. Her home was sold and closed escrow, her interest in a Real Estate trust was appraised with the court accepting the appraisal. Her cash on hand in checking and savings was disbursed to the beneficaries. Her life insurance policy were also disbursed to the beneficaries The personal property was divided with the court authorizing the administrator to dispose of the remaining items of personal property in any way she sees fit. The attorney has done nothing for at least a year. Does not return phone calls to the administrator. Does not respond to letters or e-mail. When he is spoken with he placates and promises to perform but does not follow through. I think the attorney is failing to act competently and is failing to communicate. What can be done to make this attorney perform and concluded this matter

Sincerely

Chuck
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Send a letter to him stating the problems and copy the estate administrator, the local chapter of the American Bar Association and the State Office of Disciplinary Counsel (or whatever the name is of the State office that licenses attorneys)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">