• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Estate Problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dty444

I have a serious question my mother passed about 12 years ago and my father passed about a little over 8 years ago when the passed the owned two pieces of properties and no will so the estate was entered into probate and my oldest brother and sister were names executors of the estate since they were the oldest of 7 children (the rest of the 7 were told since they were the executors of the estate their names appear as owners of the property. I feel that it is time to sell these properties and divide the monies amongst the children one property is now a vacant lot and one has the home where we all grew up on it and one of my brothers live there i feel this is unfair we should all benefit from my mother and fathers hard work not just a few of us. what are my legal rights as far as wanting these property or properties sold. I really want them to know that i really mean business

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by dty444:
I have a serious question my mother passed about 12 years ago and my father passed about a little over 8 years ago when the passed the owned two pieces of properties and no will so the estate was entered into probate and my oldest brother and sister were names executors of the estate since they were the oldest of 7 children (the rest of the 7 were told since they were the executors of the estate their names appear as owners of the property. I feel that it is time to sell these properties and divide the monies amongst the children one property is now a vacant lot and one has the home where we all grew up on it and one of my brothers live there i feel this is unfair we should all benefit from my mother and fathers hard work not just a few of us. what are my legal rights as far as wanting these property or properties sold. I really want them to know that i really mean business<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What is the staus of probate? The one brother should be paying fair market rent to the estate. The properties should be sold and the proceeds divided equally among the heirs.

D

dty444

To the best of my knowledge the estate was closed after all the bills were paid and monies that were left in the bank were divided. but i want to know how can i get them to sell the property can i do this legally is it one of my rights and do i need a lawyer.

D

dty444

To the best of my knowledge the estate was closed after all the bills were paid and monies that were left in the bank were divided. but i want to know how can i get them to sell the property can i do this legally is it one of my rights and do i need a lawyer.
I also live in the state of Tennessee

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">